DON'T LET LIFE PASS YOU BY. MY PLAN TO SLOW DOWN MY PERCEPTION OF TIME.



This time of year I always find myself thinking how fast time flies. It never seems like a year since we last put up our Christmas tree and decorations. It also makes me a little sad that our boys have grown into men in the blink of an eye.

Being the deep thinker that I am, my curious mind had me researching why time seems to speed up as we get older. This is the most logical answer that I found:

"When you’re young, everything is new – you’re constantly figuring out how the world works and learning the rules that govern nature and society. And you’re regularly engaging in “firsts”: first day of school, first time driving, first real job, and so on. With all this novelty, your brain is regularly laying down the kind of rich, dense memories that stretch out your perception of time.

In contrast, when you’re an adult, you’ve pretty much been there and done that. You’ve discovered the patterns of life, and your day-to-day doings are likely much more routine and predictable. Your brain doesn’t have any reason to expend energy on capturing your repetitious and predictable morning commute, ceremonial eating of a ham sandwich at your desk at work, and nightly watching of Game of Thrones. “Nothing to see here,” your brain says, and its camera clicks off. Thus, when you look back on each week, month, and year, there’s very little footage to read out, and your life seems to have passed in a fleeting blur." *

In other words we are going through life on autopilot. Not creating many memories as we go. So even though 'time flies when you're having fun' your brain is capturing more and when you reflect back you have all those memories instead of life being a blur.


This same website suggests even small changes like:
Switching the wrist you put your watch on
Changing the arrangement of your furniture at home
Driving a different way to work 
to recapture your youthful curiosity.

This made me realise that I live a very repetitious life. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful life with the most amazing family that I am so grateful for and I always try to think positively, but somehow I became stuck in a routine and my life is very predictable. Of course, the years are going to fly by in a blur because every day is practically the same as the one before.

I have decided that I am not going to wait until 2018 to change things. I'm starting tomorrow with the above suggestions and a few of my own:

Read a new book at least every month
Date night with hubby to a different venue every month
Learn to play the piano
Hold a family dinner and invite our boys and their partners every fortnight with a new, never-before-tried meal
Play more games. This Christmas we played games like Speak Out, Heads Up and Bean Boozled, which we haven't done for years and we had so much fun. We laughed for hours.

Last but certainly not least, there is an oil for everything so I got out my trusty Emotions & Essential Oils book to see which oils could help me along on my new journey to live a fuller life and slow down my perception of time. These are the two oils that I have chosen to use more often:

Roman Chamomile - to help

shed the meaningless activities that consume my life. Roman Chamomile reminds me to do what I love.
Litsea - to help me get out of my own way and follow through with inspiration. It will help me to take a leap of faith.

Don't let life get so busy that you forget to live. Have fun and slow down your perception of time.



I only trust and use doTERRA Essential Oils. If you would like to purchase these beautiful oils you can do so here. However, if you would like to sign up for a wholesale account (no obligations - order when and if you like) and get 25% discount, you can contact me (see below).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading
Karen xx



 

If you would like to join our friendly and supportive team you can email me or contact me on the following links.








This page is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure disease. If you have any health concerns, please discuss these with your trusted healthcare provider.


*Sourced from https://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/08/11/be-a-time-wizard-how-to-slow-down-and-speed-up-time/

Comments


  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,Dairies,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Cat Scratch Deterrent

WHERE TO GET YOUR doTERRA RESOURCES

doTERRA Essential Collection Kit with Smart & Sassy

Home Essentials Kit - One of Our Most Popular Kits.