How I Purify The Air In My Home





Poor air flow in our homes can allow pollutants to become stagnant and this affects the quality of the air. The toxins come from new furniture, carpet, paint etc and they can weaken our immune system and make us sick. We can't control the environment but in our home, there is a lot we can do. I don't want my family breathing toxic air that is low in oxygen. Especially since we spend more time in our home than anywhere else. 

We have evaporative air cooling because we live in a very hot climate. If kept clean, I believe this is much healthier for us than any other systems because it is not recycling the same air over and over. I love the fact that we can keep our doors and windows open while the cooling system is on. I keep it clean by using a few drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil in the water once every week or so and cleaning the pads often.

According to my favourite health guru Don Tolman, air purifies itself every four and a half metres that it moves. Which means fans are also great to have in your home (make sure the blades are kept clean). Don suggests turning our air conditioners off for a while every day and opening all windows and doors. Also sleeping with a window open in your bedroom. Still and stagnant air burns our lungs.

Indoor plants are also a great idea as they purify the air and produce oxygen. I don't have much luck with plants inside my home but I've found that I can grow Aloe Vera. This has an added bonus because of its health benefits. We use the juice on cuts and scratches. Apparently, Mother In Laws Tongue is one of the best plants to have in the bedroom as it off-gases oxygen specifically at night. You can look up the NASA Clean Air Study Chart to see which plants are the most effective.

Salt lamps have been called nature's powerful air purifier. We have a beautiful one in our lounge room which we never turn off. Some will debate the effectiveness of salt lamps but I think it looks beautiful and I love the ambience it brings to our home.

Diffusing essential oils is another way I purify the air in our home. There are many oils which work but Lemon Essential Oil is one of the best for this purpose. doTERRA also has a blend called Purify which I like to blend with lemon. Lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree are also great for eliminating any nasties in the air. 

Another very important way I keep toxins from the air in my home is not using any nasty chemicals. You can read my blog to find how I use doTERRA and other natural brand products. My Allergies and Why I Chose to go Chemical Free.


I only trust and use doTERRA Essential Oils. If you would like to purchase the oils mentioned above or any of our beautiful products you can do so here. However, if you would like to sign up for a wholesale account (no obligations - order when and if you like) and get 25% discount, you can contact me (see below).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading

Karen
xx





If you would like to join our friendly and supportive team you can email me or contact me on the following links.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Cat Scratch Deterrent

WHERE TO GET YOUR doTERRA RESOURCES

doTERRA Essential Collection Kit with Smart & Sassy

Home Essentials Kit - One of Our Most Popular Kits.